Ironfell Alliances and New Universe is Live!
Auckland, New Zealand – July 24nd 2014
DataSmugglers is pleased to announce that Ironfell, an indie MMORTS for Android, Windows and Mac platforms, is back with new features and a new expanded universe!
The new Alliances expansion allows players to join forces for an offensive and defensive advantage. The top players have already joined together into an Alliance that controlled 95% of the resources. Until one player treacherously stole his allies and tore the Alliance apart. Knowing who to trust is now as important as how much Oil you control.
Ironfell is a single massive persistent universe, with everyone playing in the same world. This new universe is made based on the map of earth and has 7,096 connected realms that everyone can fight for control of. View the map of earth and the 34 Flagship hero units here: http://www.ironfell.com/map/of/earth
A truly indie game, Ironfell is built by one person and is free to play. In Ironfell, you’re allowed (and encouraged) to gain an unfair advantage over your enemies. The longer you’ve been playing for, the more resources you have, the stronger you are. And you can take that full advantage into battle, in a massive persistent universe.
The next expansion is Race to Space, including Rockets, Space Elevators, Space Stations, Moon Bases and Asteroid Mining!
Game Information:Name: Ironfell
Description: The great big multiplayer strategy game that gives you the unfair advantage.
Platform: Android, Mac OSX, Windows and Browser.
Developer Blog: http://datasmugglers.com/category/ironfell/
add a comment
Just updated the FAQ…
Under the “What else will get me banned?” section, I’ve added this…
“There is an unlimited number of things that people should be banned for. More than I can possibly list here. To cover any possibility, at the GM’s discretion, you may have your account banned, units and resources deleted or IP address locked. An explanation or conversation about why this happened may not given.
If you disagree with that policy, I respect that, and feel free to not play Ironfell.”
I really should have had a clause like that in there from the start.
David,add a comment
Also… he has threatened to break Ironfell if he can’t play:
Falazar: “Well if I cant play might as well wreck some shit bad”
Its just not fun anymore.David,
Just a few small bug fixes today…
- Changed the loading screen messages to be more newbie focused.
- Changed the AFK disconnect timer to be 30 minutes (was 10 minutes).
- Fixed a bug with the AFK disconnect so that alliance and chat talking correctly resets the timer now.
- When you attack an enemy unit, and a non-allied unit is next to it. That non-allied unit no longer retaliates to defend its neighbour.
- Stopped the Trade Panel from auto-scrolling to the top and bottom.
- When you are the only person in an Alliance, and you accept an invite to a different alliance, your old Alliance stops existing (as it has no members left in it).
- And some realms names updated.
And the Map of Earth has been made faster and I’ve added a “total user units” counter to each realm. The numbers are only updated hourly, so don’t be surprised if they’re not accurate.
I’ve just updated the desktop version of Ironfell.
Mostly its to make the background colour green when Ironfell first starts up :) And also performance improvements.
Its safest if you uninstall old versions… and then download the latest version here:
It might automatically update the version of Adobe Air that you have on your machine, this will help performance as well.
Few small changes today…
If you don’t interact with the game for 10 minutes, you now get signed out. This is to stop people AFK’ing just to watch the chat windows. Creepers gotta stop creeping.
The Map of Earth now shows which realms are active:
To help new users… new users now get more starting resources and a single Oil Seep in new safe home valleys.
Churches have been tweaked too. The are more expensive than Colleges or Universities, but they give you the Knowledge MUCH FASTER. They expire in only 24 hours. Giving you 640 Knowledge per hour per Church.
And you Princes can now build Churches. :) This makes them accesssable to new users.
And again, thankyou to everyone who has purchased resources, you rock :)
Here’s the first draft of the map…
It’s just the terrain. Next I will add inactive/active realm layer, Realm name and ID numbers, Flagship markers and then Trees.
I’ve got 3 more zoomed in levels to add. Just need to figure out how to upload 7 GB of images :) My internet connection here would take 2-3 weeks to upload that.
The tiles are available here:
Few little bug fixes today…
- GM name is at the top of the chat list as it should be.
- Changed order of unit build menu for Carpenter, so Shipyard isn’t next to Wood Tower.
- And the trade list, now starts scrolled to top when it opens.
The new Universe is live, and after a very rough first day things are starting to settle down. The following bugs were just fixed.
- PayPal should now deliver your resources without glitching.
- In Universe Chat, alliance icons now show up correctly.
- Bugged name ΩSilverStrikeΩ has been fixed.
- If not in an alliance, change realm, and alliance panel now stays hidden correctly.
- F3 an F4 keyboard shortcuts are now correct.
- Fixed… If you invite someone to an alliance, and their unit is standing on blood, the blood comes to the front, above the unit.
- Improved the performance on Android by decreasing the amount of text in the text fields.
- Fixed the “Servers restarting NaN%” text to correctly show 0%
Final stats when the old universe went away…
Who had the most units?
Who had the most food?
Who had the most iron?
Who had the most knowledge?
Who had the most oil?
Who had the most electricity?