Presents for you! Faster Oil and a week long speed run!
Oil Seeps still hold the same 40,000 Oil.
Pumpjacks used to extract 60 Oil per hour, taking about 4 weeks to empty an Oil Seep.
One reason you don’t see new Oil Seeps appearing often is because the existing Oil Seeps take so long to be used up.
So… I’m going to change the rate that Pumpjacks collect oil. It now takes 3 DAYS for a Pumpjack to empty an Oil Seep. Or 555 oil per hour per Pumpjack.
** WARNING ** I will probably lower this number down after Christmas. **
And the speed run is approximate x2 speed. So not as fast as the previous speed run, but I’m going to leave it set at x2 speed for at least a week (unless the servers melt). AND there is a possibility this new speed will be permanent. :)2 comments
I’m not very happy with this situation. Stuff like this makes me feel terrible, and think about shutting Ironfell down.
Lots of people have suspected Falazar of using bots to cheat. Last week someone sent me some evidence, but I could not 100% prove that Falazar was cheating. It was possible he was just playing a lot.
I’m not going to discuss the details, but today I setup a trap, and caught Falazar cheating.
I am 100% certain that he used a bot today to scan realms.
Falazars account has now been deleted. All 130,000 units removed from Ironfell.
Do not use bots.
david, :(13 comments
Falazar was banned for a while today, because it looked like he had been using bots.
I’ve spent several hours looking at it closely, and I don’t think he has been botting.
He does have a couple of alt accounts that he uses to keep any eye on things. And he spends far too much time playing Ironfell, I dont think thats healthy. :)
He has entered an unhuman amount of data into a spreadsheet/database… but did so by hand. I dont want to know how long that took.
So he has been unbanned.
Read this post about bots and macros if you want to know more:
- Destroying a keep or castle no longer renames them to abandoned.
- Keep and castle ruins no longer dissapear when you reset.
- One sided burrows shouldnt happen anymore but might.
- Fixed where ory burrows land. Should be empty swamp first, then if all swamp is full it’ll bust through on an piece of occupied swamp.
- Universities, churches and colleges now expire if they are on swamp.
- Thrones can no longer be built on bridges.
And I may have a broken finger, get xrays tomorrow.2 comments
We just had a very successful speed run. All the units movement and attack ran at five times normal speed. This was a test, just for an hour, to see how the servers would cope with the faster speed. I need to check a few more things, but hopefully we’ll be able to do something like Speedy Sundays :)
Few other changes today…
I’ve tweaked where new users start, you should appear in slightly better places now.
Pumpkins are back! Farmers make them. They’re just decoration and only available around Halloween.
I’ve tweaked the oil formula, to take into account people hording Oil. New Oil Seeps will start appear in game today.
Fixed gathering trees, so it now decreases your unit count correctly.
Diplo’s and Ultrasaurus can now Auto-Plant trees. And cut them some slack… dinosaurs aren’t very smart. They will probably get stuck often when they’re auto-planting.
And BECAREFUL… if you a dinosaur auto-planting meets someone auto-gathering… they will get stuck in a plant/gather loop and you will spend ALL your Food and Wood constantly planting trees.
And to fix a bug with eggs not hatching, now when something is standing on a dinosaur egg and its time for it to hatch. The egg will be squashed and you won’t get your dinosaur.
Falazar thought of a better suggestion. If you have someone standing on an egg and its time for the egg to hatch. The eggs timer gets reset. So the server doesnt have to constantly check eggs that can’t hatch, and you don’t lose your egg.
Catapults are cheaper. 200 wood, 500 iron, 200 knowledge.
New Stone Circles and Ory Burrows have 5000 hit points.
Stats for churches have been tweaked, so they give out their knowledge quicker, but are a more expensive option for gaining knowledge than Colleges and Universities.
You can now attack neutral buildings.
Made it more likely for new users to start in a realm with Trees.
:)add a comment
Just a few bug fixes today, and increased the starting resources to help out new players.
- Fixed auto-attack so that it now targets units at x=0 or y=0.
- Fixed phantom units being click-able in the void.
- Fixed the Ironclad Ship Wrecks not rendering correctly.
- Fixed account reset not keeping count of how many times you’ve reset.
- Fixed Castle Whirlpools so they now go to the correct type of realm.
- Increased the starting resources to Food 36k, Wood 36k, Iron 36k.
The new universe is live now and everything is running smoothly. Its a bit of a gold rush at the moment, everyone is trying to stake out territory and resources.
I’ve just restarted the servers, here’s the change list:
- New users *might* now start with an Explorer Caravel on water, instead of on land.
- New users won’t start on 1 hex islands now.
- If you are signed in when you reset your account, you are now forced to sign out. When you sign in again you are looking at your correct new starting location.
- Your ‘Starting Location’ bookmark now has the data in its name, to make it clearer where your starting location is after an account reset.
- Universities no longer turn into Werewolves.
- Wollemia Seedlings are now really cheap and easier to build (the dinosaurs move onto the saplings after building them)
- Dinosaur eggs are easier to build (the dino moves onto the egg after building it)
The new universe starts with 50 custom realms, very loosely based on Earth. “Very loosely” means I made up pretty much everything except the land mass outlines.
There’s a few realms which I know are really really wrong… do you want to fix them?
Here’s my (photoshop) source file for north america:
Turn off the black mask layer, and show slices. Each slice becomes one realm. Export for web, user slices only. And they should export to PNG files.
If you don’t have photoshop… here are the exported PNGs:
The PNG images get imported into the game, each pixel becomes one hex cell. A hexagon grid is similar to a square grid. Every column of pixels is moved half a row down the screen, so the 6th x column is 3 y cells down on a hex grid.
Here’s the colour key:
#00FF00 GRASS, TREE
#0000CC MOUNTAIN, IRON_DEPOSIT
#0000FF MOUNTAIN, LARGE_IRON_DEPOSIT
#000066 DEEP_WATER, HERRING_FISHERY
#666666 DEEP_WATER, FLAGSHIP_WRECK
Whirlpools are pixels coloured cyan, anywhere from #01FFFF to #EFFFFF. So red can be anywhere from 1-254 and green and blue have to be 255. The red component is used to match the whirlpool to another whirlpool the exact same colour in another image.
Tunnels (there is only one type of tunnel now), are like Whirlpools but in the range. #FFFF01 – #FFFFEF.
Feel free to download and mess with these images, and email them back to me :) Best ones will be used in the new universe.
Here’s North and South America… the mountains in North America are really wrong. I drew them late at night and was very tired. I’m sure you can do better :)2 comments