Also… he has threatened to break Ironfell if he can’t play:
Falazar: “Well if I cant play might as well wreck some shit bad”
Its just not fun anymore.David,
Just a few small bug fixes today…
- Changed the loading screen messages to be more newbie focused.
- Changed the AFK disconnect timer to be 30 minutes (was 10 minutes).
- Fixed a bug with the AFK disconnect so that alliance and chat talking correctly resets the timer now.
- When you attack an enemy unit, and a non-allied unit is next to it. That non-allied unit no longer retaliates to defend its neighbour.
- Stopped the Trade Panel from auto-scrolling to the top and bottom.
- When you are the only person in an Alliance, and you accept an invite to a different alliance, your old Alliance stops existing (as it has no members left in it).
- And some realms names updated.
And the Map of Earth has been made faster and I’ve added a “total user units” counter to each realm. The numbers are only updated hourly, so don’t be surprised if they’re not accurate.
I’ve just updated the desktop version of Ironfell.
Mostly its to make the background colour green when Ironfell first starts up :) And also performance improvements.
Its safest if you uninstall old versions… and then download the latest version here:
It might automatically update the version of Adobe Air that you have on your machine, this will help performance as well.
Few small changes today…
If you don’t interact with the game for 10 minutes, you now get signed out. This is to stop people AFK’ing just to watch the chat windows. Creepers gotta stop creeping.
The Map of Earth now shows which realms are active:
To help new users… new users now get more starting resources and a single Oil Seep in new safe home valleys.
Churches have been tweaked too. The are more expensive than Colleges or Universities, but they give you the Knowledge MUCH FASTER. They expire in only 24 hours. Giving you 640 Knowledge per hour per Church.
And you Princes can now build Churches. :) This makes them accesssable to new users.
And again, thankyou to everyone who has purchased resources, you rock :)
Here’s the first draft of the map…
It’s just the terrain. Next I will add inactive/active realm layer, Realm name and ID numbers, Flagship markers and then Trees.
I’ve got 3 more zoomed in levels to add. Just need to figure out how to upload 7 GB of images :) My internet connection here would take 2-3 weeks to upload that.
The tiles are available here:
Few little bug fixes today…
- GM name is at the top of the chat list as it should be.
- Changed order of unit build menu for Carpenter, so Shipyard isn’t next to Wood Tower.
- And the trade list, now starts scrolled to top when it opens.
The new Universe is live, and after a very rough first day things are starting to settle down. The following bugs were just fixed.
- PayPal should now deliver your resources without glitching.
- In Universe Chat, alliance icons now show up correctly.
- Bugged name ΩSilverStrikeΩ has been fixed.
- If not in an alliance, change realm, and alliance panel now stays hidden correctly.
- F3 an F4 keyboard shortcuts are now correct.
- Fixed… If you invite someone to an alliance, and their unit is standing on blood, the blood comes to the front, above the unit.
- Improved the performance on Android by decreasing the amount of text in the text fields.
- Fixed the “Servers restarting NaN%” text to correctly show 0%
Final stats when the old universe went away…
Who had the most units?
Who had the most food?
Who had the most iron?
Who had the most knowledge?
Who had the most oil?
Who had the most electricity?
Reboot in less than 24 hours :) Excited much? :)
The old old universe is now offline.
The current universe is still going for a bit longer. I’ll probably shut it down around 9am tomorrow morning.
Reboot will be going live around lunch time tomorrow. I don’t have an exact time, as I’ll be waiting on databases etc to copy. But it’ll be after 12 tomorrow. (nz time).
I’ve just copied the user accounts from the old and current universes. So from now on, no name, colour or password changes will be transferred to the new universe.
And a reminder… in the reboot, use your existing email address and password to sign in. This gets you the same name and colour you have used before. And if you spent any money on resources in the last 6 months, you get those as an extra resource bonus.
If you used the same email address in the old and current universes… use the password you used in the current universe.
Almost there :)3 comments
Sorry about this, but I’ve had to take the game and web servers offline while I do some OSX updates. The central server is upgrading from OSX 10.7.5 to 10.9.3 … and its going to take at least an hour, and I can guarantee that something will go wrong :)
So take a break, go watch some TV.
And here’s a photo of Sebastian helping me…2 comments